Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 8 ~ Made it to Michigan

Robin & Kayla ready to sail
The last day of a long journey and we finally arrived at the intended destination.  Already in progress was a family gathering.  I had told two of my sisters that we would be there, but would arrive late.  Somehow, even under the influence of wine, they managed to keep the secret and my mom was totally surprised at our arrival.  It was a great time seeing people again after a years time, and we even got to meet the newest members of the family, Ethan and Emma.  The weather could not have been more perfect and food was outrageously delicious.  Staying the night at the lake gave me the best night's sleep since we left California

Michigan in June presents in beautiful shades of greens and flowers popping up all over the place.  The mosquitos have not yet come to life, and the humidity hasn't set in.  This and October are my favorite times to be here.  Good thing I still remember the winters, or I might be renting a u-haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment