Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 3 - Sedona

Mix a girl, getting up before sunrise, extreme heat, on the go all day, and a glass of wine with dinner and what do you get?  Someone who is too achy and can't possibly create a blog!

The highlight of the day for me was a visit to the Chapel of the Holy Cross, thus the collage.  The history is interesting and if you would like to read more, here is the site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapel_of_the_Holy_Cross

We ventured to the vortex area of Cathedral Rock.  It was a little frightening to experience the lack of water here.  The last time we visited we waded in the stream and it was a refreshing respite from the heat. This time the stream was bone dry.  Not a drop of water in sight.  When we got back to the car after a short hike, I mentioned to Scott that I should have taken a photograph and compared the area to our last visit, but due to the heat and the dust, I didn't go back.  You'll just have to take my word on it!!





2 comments: